January 2023 transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: January 2023 transfer window thread

Post by Castiron »

Clayton wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:28 am
Castiron wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:50 am
Because we are in the shit and need someone who's played in the league and can hopefully adapt straight away. As we all know, according to Moyes, anyone from abroad or lower leagues needs a year to get going.
Hopefully he doesn't adapt to early , and Moyes shall be gone after the Everton match .
Moyes is on borrowed time anyway regardless.

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

What we need is a centre back instead of Dawson, all round centre midfielder, some one who can play DM and box to box, a winger and wild card south american wonderkid ! ;)

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:48 am
Clayton wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:28 am

Hopefully he doesn't adapt to early , and Moyes shall be gone after the Everton match .
Is he though ?

Classic Catch 22. We need a win but doing so could bring our lowest chance of staying up. 7m in compo ?

As I and many far cleverer than me have said, we look like a dead team walking (not literally but actually). The stench of relegation is upon us and it's soon bring out yer dead time. And fuck it. It holds no horrors for me. I laugh at going down. I put ice cubes down the vest of a 500m loss. Not my fucking money after all.

Been there, seen that, bought the poxy T shirt. 5 times. It'll be quite refreshing to see some players running for the shirt for a change even if in the chump. More important things in life for me such as good dogging venues.

Toodle pip.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

palerider wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:31 pm
Castiron wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:48 am
Is he though ?

Classic Catch 22. We need a win but doing so could bring our lowest chance of staying up. 7m in compo ?

As I and many far cleverer than me have said, we look like a dead team walking (not literally but actually). The stench of relegation is upon us and it's soon bring out yer dead time. And fuck it. It holds no horrors for me. I laugh at going down. I put ice cubes down the vest of a 500m loss. Not my fucking money after all.

Been there, seen that, bought the poxy T shirt. 5 times. It'll be quite refreshing to see some players running for the shirt for a change even if in the chump. More important things in life for me such as good dogging venues.

Toodle pip.
I still want the team to win whoever is in charge.
If we go through a drab 0-0 I think he's gone.
Don't think there's any doubt he's gone if we lose

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Watcher wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:29 pm What we need is a centre back instead of Dawson, all round centre midfielder, some one who can play DM and box to box, a winger and wild card south american wonderkid ! ;)
Pretty sure we could do with a couple of fullbacks , two CB's , Teun Koopmeiners 8-) in midfield , defiitely a pacey winger and another forward , but more importantly a manager/owners who know what they are actually doing .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Castiron wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:44 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:31 pm

Is he though ?

Toodle pip.
Pretty sure most fans never want the team to lose , or for us to lose our belief in the manager , but it's so frusterating for us fans when the owners , the manager and the players are not delivering , so something has to give , and for me its Moyes , his reliant on outdated tactics and his total inability to change , his dithering in the transfer market and on the pitch . Let's no forget his , what I do is win and I want to play with youth , energy and pace mantra :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Is Antonio on his way to Wolves as well ? .

Towie

Post by Towie »

Do you think Moyes said “signings” and Sullivan thought he said “sign Ings”?

Imo an upgrade on Antonio, Ings will score the sitters that Antonio misses.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Clayton wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:02 pm
Castiron wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:44 pm
Pretty sure most fans never want the team to lose , or for us to lose our belief in the manager , but it's so frusterating for us fans when the owners , the manager and the players are not delivering , so something has to give , and for me its Moyes , his reliant on outdated tactics and his total inability to change , his dithering in the transfer market and on the pitch . Let's no forget his , what I do is win and I want to play with youth , energy and pace mantra :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Of course, I get all that, but I do not want us to lose to Everton or anyone else. I want Moyes gone, but the thought of some of the other names being banded about yo take over, doesn't exactly fill me with joy.
Benitez ffs!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Castiron wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:07 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:02 pm

Of course, I get all that, but I do not want us to lose to Everton or anyone else. I want Moyes gone, but the thought of some of the other names being banded about yo take over, doesn't exactly fill me with joy.
Benitez ffs!!
I agree and that's down to the owners not being forward thinking or proactive .