Gary Lineker/MoTD

Chat about anything football related here!
tassiehammer

Re: Gary Lineker/MoTD

Post by tassiehammer »

Wright and Shearer are doing the Arsenal game on Optus. They can still put the bread on the family table this week. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Re: Match of The Day Tonight

Post by Whiskyman »

Optimistic Lee wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:06 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:27 am

Pure football ? I take it you won't be watching the West Ham game then. ;)
Fuck, my work free weekends seem to merge into one. In any case I won’t be able to watch the game today because it ain’t being shown live.incidentally, when I lived in the States I watched far more live West Ham games then I have ever watched in this shit country.
Get yourself a decent app or IPTV server and you’ll be able to watch any game you want.

If you want to put yourself through it of course. :(
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Optimistic Lee

Re: Match of The Day Tonight

Post by Optimistic Lee »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:57 pm
Optimistic Lee wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:06 am

Fuck, my work free weekends seem to merge into one. In any case I won’t be able to watch the game today because it ain’t being shown live.incidentally, when I lived in the States I watched far more live West Ham games then I have ever watched in this shit country.
Get yourself a decent app or IPTV server and you’ll be able to watch any game you want.

If you want to put yourself through it of course. :(
Thanks, I would if I had a clue how to given that I am a Luddite in every sense of the Luddite heritage
Tough times never last but tough people do

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

And viewing figure announced..an increase of 500, 000...that says it all

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:39 pm And viewing figure announced..an increase of 500, 000...that says it all
Due to the influx of far right extremists tuning in tweeted Gary.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:07 pm
Rick_Deckard wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:39 pm And viewing figure announced..an increase of 500, 000...that says it all
Due to the influx of far right extremists tuning in tweeted Gary.
If I dropped my trousers down, surly I would get more tweets!... :lol: Good or Bad!! ;) :) :D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Sensible comment from Piers Morgan (got to be a rarity!) on the radio this morning. Apparently Lineker is freelance and not an employee of the BBC, and therefore not governed by their conditions of employment. And as Morgan says "anyone should be entitled to express their views however reprehensible the rest of us think they are . That is a fundamental princiople of free speech".

After that he spent about 5 minutes talking about Arsenal including admitting he commented several times in the past that Arteta wasn't the right choice to manage Arsenal.

palerider

Post by palerider »

So the BBC have backed down.

As we knew they would.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

and the smug jug eared cunt still hasnt learnt to keep his big mouth shut and continues to use his position to try and shove his delusional views on criminal , freeloading sponging chancer immigrants down our throats...

"In a tweet, Lineker said: "After a surreal few days, I'm delighted that we have navigated a way through this. I want to thank you all for the incredible support, particularly my colleagues at BBC Sport, for the remarkable show of solidarity. Football is a team game but their backing was overwhelming.

"A final thought: however difficult the last few days have been, it simply doesn't compare to having to flee your home from persecution or war to seek refuge in a land far away. It's heartwarming to have seen the empathy towards their plight from so many of you," he continued.

"We remain a country of predominantly tolerant, welcoming and generous people."

he is a cunt of cunts....wonder how keen hed be on them when theyve taken his neighbourhood over and trashed it and the only English hed hear being spoken is himself when hes gobbing off...smug fucker he is

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:51 am and the smug jug eared cunt still hasnt learnt to keep his big mouth shut and continues to use his position to try and shove his delusional views on criminal , freeloading sponging chancer immigrants down our throats...

"In a tweet, Lineker said: "After a surreal few days, I'm delighted that we have navigated a way through this. I want to thank you all for the incredible support, particularly my colleagues at BBC Sport, for the remarkable show of solidarity. Football is a team game but their backing was overwhelming.

"A final thought: however difficult the last few days have been, it simply doesn't compare to having to flee your home from persecution or war to seek refuge in a land far away. It's heartwarming to have seen the empathy towards their plight from so many of you," he continued.

"We remain a country of predominantly tolerant, welcoming and generous people."

he is a cunt of cunts....wonder how keen hed be on them when theyve taken his neighbourhood over and trashed it and the only English hed hear being spoken is himself when hes gobbing off...smug fucker he is
His views are his views. It doesn't mean the rest of us have to agree with them does it ? Either we have a system which allows and welcomes free speech. or we have one that doesn't. A lot of people spout a lot of crap all the time, politicians usually being amongst the worst. But I'd rather have a sustem that allows people to air their views, irrespective of how absurd I might think they are, thqn a system where people could be imprisopned for having views which their governments disagree with. Such as, ironically given Lineker's tweet, Germany in the 1930s.

Had he used his role at the BBC to express them then the BBC would, no doubt, have cancelled his contract. But he didn't did he ? He made them as a private individual so quite why they got involved in the first place only they know.