Massive congratulations for reaching the final lads.

Chat about anything football related here!
Calsopsie85

Massive congratulations for reaching the final lads.

Post by Calsopsie85 »

Hi,

I'm a lifelong Manchester City fan on 37 years but was buzzing to see you reach the final last night. I've got some great memories of visiting Upton Park over the years it was mine and my mates favourite ground to visit whenever the fixtures were released we'd always look out for West Ham Away. My mate sadly passed away not long after our last visit together to Upton Park and it was an F.A Cup 3rd round game that was Felipe Caicedo debut for us and it ended 0-0. Every time we went we'd have such a top laugh and you fans are second to none literally and always made us feel welcome. He'd just bought a new house and after the game we ended up in a boozer and got talking to some West Ham fans and he mentioned he'd bought this new house and next minute they all went to a shop a few doors up that sold literally everything and came back with house warming gifts for him. He ended up with a toilet brush, 4 pack of toilet roll, a shower mat, a lampshade, some shampoo and a universal TV remote we ended up carrying it all back to Manchester. I've been to West Ham several times since with others but it was never the same without him he had one of them personalities would talk to anyone and people just found him funny and your fans treated us really well every time we went so honestly lads I'm so glad you made the final and wishing you luck and will be supporting you all the way. Up the hammers 👍

andyginbrasil

Re: Massive congratulations for reaching the final lads.

Post by andyginbrasil »

Cheers mate ......and congratulations to your mob as well, put on a very decent exhibition of how to play football on Wednesday night good luck in the final

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Nice touch fella
Hope your mob do the treble what a squad you have.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Calsopsie85 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:27 am Hi,

I'm a lifelong Manchester City fan on 37 years but was buzzing to see you reach the final last night. I've got some great memories of visiting Upton Park over the years it was mine and my mates favourite ground to visit whenever the fixtures were released we'd always look out for West Ham Away. My mate sadly passed away not long after our last visit together to Upton Park and it was an F.A Cup 3rd round game that was Felipe Caicedo debut for us and it ended 0-0. Every time we went we'd have such a top laugh and you fans are second to none literally and always made us feel welcome. He'd just bought a new house and after the game we ended up in a boozer and got talking to some West Ham fans and he mentioned he'd bought this new house and next minute they all went to a shop a few doors up that sold literally everything and came back with house warming gifts for him. He ended up with a toilet brush, 4 pack of toilet roll, a shower mat, a lampshade, some shampoo and a universal TV remote we ended up carrying it all back to Manchester. I've been to West Ham several times since with others but it was never the same without him he had one of them personalities would talk to anyone and people just found him funny and your fans treated us really well every time we went so honestly lads I'm so glad you made the final and wishing you luck and will be supporting you all the way. Up the hammers 👍
Thank you mate , we all appreciate your visit and good luck in your own final .
Most of us have a lot of time for Citeh . Proper supporters .
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Fair play mate. See a few twits posted by city fans wishing luck and grats at the end too. Clearly a mutual respect for each others teams and supporters. That’s proper fans for ya though. Good luck with the treble, it’s yours to lose imo 👍🏽
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Thanks.

My son's a City fan. I've taken him to the Etihad on quite a few occasions and did the tour as well.

Despite your wealth you're a proper club with proper fans. We'll be cheering you on against Inter.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Nosher
Covid in the Boardroom

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Always had a soft spot for City.I wrote about it in another post on here,so I won't repeat myself.

Good luck City and hope you win the treble.

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

Calsopsie85 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:27 am Hi,

I'm a lifelong Manchester City fan on 37 years but was buzzing to see you reach the final last night. I've got some great memories of visiting Upton Park over the years it was mine and my mates favourite ground to visit whenever the fixtures were released we'd always look out for West Ham Away. My mate sadly passed away not long after our last visit together to Upton Park and it was an F.A Cup 3rd round game that was Felipe Caicedo debut for us and it ended 0-0. ……….
My story mirrors yours. My friend was a lifelong City fan, supporting them through thin and thin. He watched them plummet through the divisions, and became seriously ill, such that I had to push him to the pub in his wheelchair to watch the Lge 1 playoff final vs Gillingham. 2-0 down in the 89th minute, he wanted to go home, but something made me tell him to see it through to the final whistle, and you’ll all know they scored two quick goals and eventually won on penalties. He had a remission and had a few more years that saw their return to the top flight, came to City games at UP, regretted them leaving Maine Road with move to the Etihad where we saw one last game together as his illness returned, which he couldn’t beat a second time. My last picture with him has him in his tee shirt with two Subbuteo figures. The light blue one says “Manchester”. The red one says “Tourists”. And that sums up the old school City fans.

City fans of a certain age are proper supporters like us, not trophy hunters. They are just lucky enough to have had a pot of gold drop into their laps and I don’t begrudge them that one bit. I cheer their success every season and know somewhere my mate is enjoying it.

I thought City’s performance on Wednesday, the first half especially, was a thing of sheer beauty, I can’t remember when I have seen better, given the quality of the opposition. As good as they are with the ball, it was how they went about getting it back that impressed me, given that it was Real Madrid.

I am desperate for us to win in Prague, but fully behind City to pick up their first CL.

Best of luck and thanks for the good wishes.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

One of the things that wound me up was hearing Bournemouth fans singing the silly "where were you when you were shit" song in a TV game a while back. I seem to remember City playing ion the third tier, being mid table at one point, and still bringing in crowds of 25,000 or so.

Bournemouth on the other hand were in danger of financial meltdown, passing a bucket around for people to toss coins in, and getting crowds of around 2,000, despite being only one league lower than City at the time. City had the good fortune to be bought by a nation state , look capable of dominating the English game for years to come, but Iwhenever I hear their fans talk about the club I don't feel they have the same sense of entitlement that many fans of other clubs have. Good luck to them.

Quite like their Blue Moon song as well tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?