Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: Popeye staying

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:31 am
Ibbyham wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:50 pm Sources that close to West Ham's board and Sullivan, that they are saying David Moyes is going......NOWHERE.

Thought?
Some of the click baiters claim to have definite info that Moyes is going to resign after the final come what may. Other click baiters claim to have definite info that he is going to stay come what may. Yet more say he will stay IF we win in Prague but go if we lose. And then there's Gonzo who if memory serves has had "inside info" that he's going and has also heard he's staying. Fucking obvious, even to a thick sod like me, they can't all be bloody right.

So my thought, for what it's worth, is that the click baiters know squat and us mere mortals will have to wait, as always, until any official announcement, either way, comes from the club.
IMO, I would prefer Moyes to go as he took us as far as he can but the communications between himself and the players aren't always running smoothly so best for him to go and need a manager that communicate with the players well, like Brentford and Brighton did.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Re: Moyes here next season or not ?

Post by Ibbyham »

We don't want another crap season like this season. Had enough of relegation fight.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

whu

Post by whu »

FS

Clicked option three before I saw four - get rid.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

whu wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:19 pm FS

Clicked option three before I saw four - get rid.
They basically the same
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

deanox

Post by deanox »

I wouldn't be surprised if he is still here... nothing surprises me about how our board run the club.
btw I voted number 4
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

deanox wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:50 pm I wouldn't be surprised if he is still here... nothing surprises me about how our board run the club.
btw I voted number 4
Same, I am almost tempted to put money on it.

And who gave Sullivan and Moyes a vote?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I bet if this poll was put on KUMB,it would be a completely different result to Hammerschat :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

deanox wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:50 pm I wouldn't be surprised if he is still here... nothing surprises me about how our board run the club.
btw I voted number 4
Only because they can't be bothered with the process and keeping Moyes saves them a few quid.
In the long run though,it would end up costing them more has I think a more progressive manager would have taken us further up the League imo.His negative tactics costs us a lot of points..That may have made a difference in the financial placings.

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

The question I always ask when something like this is discussed is, who do we replace him with? Is there an outstanding candidate that we're fairly well convinced would actually come to West Ham?

Look at the trouble Spurs are having getting a new manager in. Would we face similar issues? It seems we're shopping in the same isle of the managerial supermarket these days.

While Moyes is definitely not the sexy option, we know the grass isn't always greener. We know he managed to keep us up and turn things around after Bilic and Pellegrini, but in seasons where he was given the entire year to work he's accomplished league finishes of 6th, 7th, and possibly 13th this season, including a record premier league points total. Chuck in a European semi-final and now a final with a potential European trophy?

I'm not so sure we should be wishing away the manager who's brought that to the club.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:04 pm I bet if this poll was put on KUMB,it would be a completely different result to Hammerschat :lol:
I think you are very wrong and I would happily take your bet, and your money. But what point are you making exactly ?

If there was a poll on KUMB it would be more representative of the feelings among the fanvase because KUMB has far more contributots. But I suspect the majority vote would be that he should be replaced. And by some distance.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?