West Ham Ins & Outs 2023/24

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: West Ham Ins & Outs 2023/24

Post by andyginbrasil »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:40 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:32 am I still can't understand what Rob Newman's been doing for a whole year as head of recruitment, on probably a very decent salary. Wasn't he the one to bring a bit of sanity and organisation to our transfer policy?
Can anyone shed any light on this.....
Fucking confused....... from Brasil
I think he's been helping out in the kitchen, mopping floors, emptying bins etc.
Happy to help........... from Stepney.
Thank you Happy........ at least that's cleared up now ......and there was me wrongly thinking that he was doing fuck all ...it's really pleasing to know he's actually earning his salary and not hiding in an office doing absolutely fuck all. :D

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:32 am I still can't understand what Rob Newman's been doing for a whole year as head of recruitment, on probably a very decent salary. Wasn't he the one to bring a bit of sanity and organisation to our transfer policy?
I genuinely believe he was the reason we got Scamacca, Paqueta, Aguerd and Kehrer last year. Thought he was getting the boot though coz we brought in Tim Whatshisface. I wouldn’t be blaming either of those 2 for our shitshow of a transfer window. I put all that on Moyes. And because of that, Sullivan has to take a share of the blame too as he’s the one who hires and fires.
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:00 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:40 am

I think he's been helping out in the kitchen, mopping floors, emptying bins etc.
Happy to help........... from Stepney.
Thank you Happy........ at least that's cleared up now ......and there was me wrongly thinking that he was doing fuck all ...it's really pleasing to know he's actually earning his salary and not hiding in an office doing absolutely fuck all. :D
I think in his spare time he also takes shortarse to the park in his pushchair.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:08 pm
I genuinely believe he was the reason we got Scamacca, Paqueta, Aguerd and Kehrer last year. Thought he was getting the boot though coz we brought in Tim Whatshisface. I wouldn’t be blaming either of those 2 for our shitshow of a transfer window. I put all that on Moyes. And because of that, Sullivan has to take a share of the blame too as he’s the one who hires and fires.
You'll soon change your tune when Zlatan is pictured with the new kit kissing the badge.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:24 pm
:D
You'll soon change your tune when Zlatan is pictured with the new kit kissing the badge.
Doesn’t mean he’ll play :D
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

You will find the Moyes lovers will say he has nothing to do with transfers.🤔🤦‍♂️

It will never work Steiden/Moyes as one will want to bring in young blood up and coming and the other PL experienced expensive signings.
Which is probably why we have done nothing as no one can agree the strategy. Embarrassing!
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:01 pm

You will find the Moyes lovers will say he has nothing to do with transfers.🤔🤦‍♂️

It will never work Steiden/Moyes as one will want to bring in young blood up and coming and the other PL experienced expensive signings.
Which is probably why we have done nothing as no one can agree the strategy. Embarrassing!
Yep, exactly that Towie. Joke of a club
COYI!!!

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

It doesn't need to be that difficult.

If Sullivan wants to run the transfer business of the club via some weird committee comprising of him, Noble and Steidten where the actual manager doesn't have final say but only has one of four votes, he needs to sack Moyes and find someone who will accept that kind of working relationship.

We should understand though, that absolutely no manager worth his salt is going to accept working like that. Not one.

If Moyes is sacked it's pretty much a given that anyone seriously considering taking the job is going to either reach out to Moyes personally, or have his agent reach out to Moyes agent to get an idea of the lay of the land at the club. They'll likely sound out former employees such as ex-coaches and even players who have recently moved on. And once they realise how the transfer committee works, and that they can and will have players they don't fancy foisted upon them because they were outvoted they'll run a mile. No manager is coming into the job based entirely on the information they'll be given by those who run the club.

We'll be left with the shit that is just desperate for a job, and will accept anything.

As for Moyes? I personally think he's insane to hang around much longer. His stock is as high now as it has been since he signed on the dotted line at Old Trafford. Look at his record with us. Finishes of 6th, 7th, and 14th in the league. The clubs first trophy in over 40 years, and first European trophy of note in almost 60 years, plus a semi-final the year before.

Virtually half of the twenty clubs in the English top flight would bite your hand off for a recent record like that.

If i was him I'd be offski and angling for a properly run club where there's one owner who isn't a mentalist and who is happy to allow a manager of Moyes experience the final say on who is bought for his team.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Flat cap Dave, most clubs are run that way now.

Our problem is the manager has a different outlook to the other committee members.

Just not sure why Sully don’t get rid if they want to move in a different direction.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

Towie wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:59 pm Flat cap Dave, most clubs are run that way now.

Our problem is the manager has a different outlook to the other committee members.

Just not sure why Sully don’t get rid if they want to move in a different direction.
My understanding is that most clubs have a transfer department that scouts, researches, and provides data on potential signings, but it usually always rests with the actual manager to have the final say on who comes in.

You're right though, if Sullivan wants someone who will accept his signings and just throw them into the team, Moyes isn't that man. I think it's clear as day that a lot of the signings we've squandered our money on aren't Moyes signings. We know the kind of player he likes. And we've seen the players we've signed.