Luton town v West ham united official match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Luton town v West ham united official match thread

Post by JayK »

aklhammer wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:23 am Luton, eww

There is something about us now that reminds me of 20/21 but vastly improved

if we get a 0-2 this might be all on, I might get hyped

I'm predicting a rampant home start from the skanks but our resilience to overcome them will prevail. Something like Elland Road a couple of years back, Antonio will make a difference.

1-2 West Ham

We come home with 3 points and a lice infection
:lol:
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

aklhammer wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:23 am Luton, eww

There is something about us now that reminds me of 20/21 but vastly improved

if we get a 0-2 this might be all on, I might get hyped

I'm predicting a rampant home start from the skanks but our resilience to overcome them will prevail. Something like Elland Road a couple of years back, Antonio will make a difference.

1-2 West Ham

We come home with 3 points and a lice infection
Is that the japanese Declan?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:25 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:48 pm

We are no longer Rice Utd Clay , is my answer to that . With Alvarez doing what Rice should have been made to do and JWP doing what Rice TRIED to do it’s tending to free Soucek and Paqueta up a bit and letting them do their stuff.
Of course Soucek is missing for this due to concussion protocols I suspect so unless we sign a decent midfielder today or tomorrow that’s match fit already , which I doubt , I can see Paqueta back playing in a double pivot with Alvarez , Benrahma back starting and back to 20% possession.

Even against this shower.
McCautious won’t start Kudus , too soon , has to acclimatise etc and all the usual bull.
When is the game again ? Since nobody’s mentioned it….
I don't see why Kudus can't start he looks on fire at the moment,4 goals and 1 assist in 3 games....get the fucker on the pitch ASAP
I agree but this IS Moyes 🙄
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:59 pm

We are no longer Rice Utd Clay , is my answer to that . With Alvarez doing what Rice should have been made to do and JWP doing what Rice TRIED to do it’s tending to free Soucek and Paqueta up a bit and letting them do their stuff.
Of course Soucek is missing for this due to concussion protocols I suspect so unless we sign a decent midfielder today or tomorrow that’s match fit already , which I doubt , I can see Paqueta back playing in a double pivot with Alvarez , Benrahma back starting and back to 20% possession.

McCautious won’t start Kudus , too soon , has to acclimatise etc and all the usual bull.
Friday night 8pm
Another night in the Tunisian fanzone then . Bugger .

🤣
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I don't see why Kudus can't start he looks on fire at the moment,4 goals and 1 assist in 3 games....get the fucker on the pitch ASAP
Get your point. But as someone who has not been Benrahma's biggest fan I'd put a vote in for him to start this one. And if Kudos is to come straight in it would likely be at SB's expense. I thought Benrahma made a massive difference when he came on at Brighton and for thast reason alone deserves to keep his place. If he doesn't perform and reverts to the indecisiveness and poor decisions he has been guilty of in the best then hook him. But on the basis of you're only as good (or bad) as your last performance I say keep him in.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:03 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:59 pm

Friday night 8pm
Another night in the Tunisian fanzone then . Bugger .

🤣
:lol:
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:01 pm

Paqueta started just days after signing, so it’s possible. I definitely think we’ll see him get game time though
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

JayK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:13 pm

Paqueta started just days after signing, so it’s possible. I definitely think we’ll see him get game time though
Came on as a sub v Tottenham.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:08 pm

Get your point. But as someone who has not been Benrahma's biggest fan I'd put a vote in for him to start this one. And if Kudos is to come straight in it would likely be at SB's expense. I thought Benrahma made a massive difference when he came on at Brighton and for thast reason alone deserves to keep his place. If he doesn't perform and reverts to the indecisiveness and poor decisions he has been guilty of in the best then hook him. But on the basis of you're only as good (or bad) as your last performance I say keep him in.
He played already this season so should be oven ready, defo needs some minutes on the pitch as the next 2 games are scary stuff and needs to get a feel for how moyes sets up.

Not sure how to call this , when looked at fixtures thought this would likely be our 1st points, now knowing it’s their 1st home game of the season ….brings back Forrest memories. As someone mentioned treat as a cup tie.

Would agree re benny started the season better than last and was pivotal in last game (& chavs I think) .

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

JayK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:13 pm

Kheer went straight into to the fray......so the excuse some people use ;) that the newbies need time, is frankly a load of shit, there is only one way to get used to the PL and that is to play in it