Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:16 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:09 am I think Coufal is available for this game Ibby, his ban was just for one match , two yellow cards, not a straight red.
Aguerd could well be back as his team were knocked out of AFCON due to his horrendous mandatory fuck up
would take both back in a heart beat currently. Johnson has done well recently but actually thought he maybe better in midfield (where of course we are light :D )
auguerd distribution is sooooooooo much better that zouma, fuck me he looked like bambi on ice last night.
Johnson would be a good right side midfielder instead of JWP who played that position against Bournemouth and wasn't that great so Johnson can do that role.

Areola

Coufal
Mavropanos/Aguerd
Zouma/Ogbonna
Emerson

Soucek
Alvarez

Johnson
JWP
Kudus

Bowen.

Best to put Kalvin Phillips on the sub-bench at least after his howler against Bournemouth.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:05 am I had a fairly good feeling about this game... until yesterday’s performance.
That why I put 0% chance of West Ham a win in "Result Probable" after that showing against Bournemouth and if Moyes put Phillips at the start again.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Bondsobob

Post by Bondsobob »

We are a fucking shambles. Even this sub standard Man United team will destroy us.
4-0 to them. :twisted:

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Bondsobob wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:17 am We are a fucking shambles. Even this sub standard Man United team will destroy us.
The worse thing is is that this is, imo, the best chance we have had to come out with an away win against this lot but the performances we have been putting out makes it feel like it is going to be an opportunity squandered.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

The next two games are going to be a watershed imo. If we manage to actually winb one of them (surely nobody thinks we are likely to get 6 points, do they?) I'd consider that a decent return. However the likely scenario, given our recent performances, last decent performance being the win at The Emirates imo, I expect a couple of defeats, and possibly a couple of heavy ones.

West Ham will come down with the Christmas decorations people used to say. Is history about to repeat itself ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:01 am The next two games are going to be a watershed imo. If we manage to actually winb one of them (surely nobody thinks we are likely to get 6 points, do they?) I'd consider that a decent return. However the likely scenario, given our recent performances, last decent performance being the win at The Emirates imo, I expect a couple of defeats, and possibly a couple of heavy ones.

West Ham will come down with the Christmas decorations people used to say. Is history about to repeat itself ?
Indeed . See my post in the Moyes thread.
Bring back Jonathon !

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Naysayers!
Some positivity people.
:lol:
I may well be naive but On occasion, we normally run a tight ship in these games of late. It’s the so called easy ones we fuck up in. Besides, we didn’t actually lose midweek even though we didn’t play at all well.
It is possible to get a result against the mancs they ain’t what they used to be but we have got to be on it from the off.
I’m keeping my powder dry regards KP, he hasn’t played properly for a considerable time, clearly not match fit and needs to settle in sharpish. We know he is a good player but it remains to be seen how quickly he can hit the ground running. Knowings Moyes habit of no one being ready in his view when they arrive, I was amazed to see him throw KP on as a starter so soon. One has to ask why would he actually do that. We’ve been desperate for players before and he has made newcomers sit and watch for weeks
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Bondsobob wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:17 am We are a fucking shambles. Even this sub standard Man United team will destroy us.
I agree.

Even knocked back a ticket to travel up there tomorrow fuck em after ethe other night.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:01 am The next two games are going to be a watershed imo. If we manage to actually winb one of them (surely nobody thinks we are likely to get 6 points, do they?) I'd consider that a decent return. However the likely scenario, given our recent performances, last decent performance being the win at The Emirates imo, I expect a couple of defeats, and possibly a couple of heavy ones.

No one thought we would get 6 points from the reverse fixture earlier in the season but we did. So anything is possible.
But the recent performances have delivered some of the most turgid shit I have witnessed so I make you right about heavy defeats incoming.

Moyes will be happy though, he got his 12-13 squad of players he will use for rest of season.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Towie wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:31 pm

No one thought we would get 6 points from the reverse fixture earlier in the season but we did. So anything is possible.
But the recent performances have delivered some of the most turgid shit I have witnessed so I make you right about heavy defeats incoming.

Moyes will be happy though, he got his 12-13 squad of players he will use for rest of season.
6 points in the reverse fixture?! You 've either been drinking or going crosseyed.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest