Saying goodbye to Moyesie

Chat about anything football related here!
Bondsobob

Re: Saying goodbye to Moyesie

Post by Bondsobob »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:15 pm
Bondsobob wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:25 pm So that's why Minty wouldn't sign a new contract. He knew the Chelsea job was coming up! :D
Wouldn't surprise me if Jose returns to Stamford Bridge for another stint. Bookies rate him as a 12-1 shot. There's a lot of Chelsea fans who would like to see the retutn of the special one it seems.
I think Tommy Treacle is also in the running. Along with De Zerbi.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Bondsobob wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:01 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:15 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if Jose returns to Stamford Bridge for another stint. Bookies rate him as a 12-1 shot. There's a lot of Chelsea fans who would like to see the retutn of the special one it seems.
Imo deZerbi would be a disaster. Bielsa Mark 2. Great to watch his teams as a neutral, but as a fan of any club he manages it must be an absolute nightmare just waiting for them to concede. Tuchel going back would be a popular move as well if the reaction of Chelsea fans in the media is anything to go by.. Although apparently there's a petition by Bayern fans for the club to keep him. Maybe too late for that though.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:42 am I'm sad to say the reaction of that young tit doesn't surprise me. He's one of the new generation who's seen us win Jack shit so lifting the 3rd best cup in Europe will be a thing to savour. Old cunts like me who've been there and worn the t-shirt before, while loving the Prague moment, maybe not so much, or at least loving it more if Moyes had left then on a high.

But we've had to trade that moment for 6 months of dross, with the good start to the season inevitably halted in it's tracks by his obsession with a small squad and only really trusting his ageing favourites. And happily sitting back with 20% possession so that any team worth it's salt could use us as a shooting gallery. I maintain my often aired view. How we managed 52 points and 9th place is a mystery up there with whatever happened to Shergar.

A wasted year. Two very fortunate wins in North London to gloat about I suppose but not much else. And very possibly making several of our talented youth team think hard about any future in East London.

So each to their own. I didn't stay to clap him after the last home game, it would have been the height of hypocrisy.

When Shrek arrived after the golem disaster, while not looking forward to the manner of it, I knew it was necessary. And he did what it said on the tin. He stayed too long, as has Moyes, yet despite cupping his ear to the booing that time and derogatory comments about the 'academy of football', I'll look back and think I liked him much more.
Anybody that has participated in the fun on here pre-🦕 2 return of the Dinosaurs) will know the contempt in which I held Allardyce .
He truly was a horrible cunt .

But he’s not even in the same league as Moyes . I detest him and everything he stands for .
Not only his cowardly prehistoric brand of football though .
He has been a little bit cleverer than Allardyce though . Sam just didn’t give a fuck and I therefore respect him a tad .

Moyes is a narcissist.
A lying Cunt that managed to get most of the fanbase on board early doors with some of the absolute shite he spouted .
And it’s these things which stand out for me during his tenure . Things and actions (or lack of them in some cases) which will ensure that I detest him forever more .

So , as a farewell to Mr 🦕 I suggest a list . A list of some of the reasons why the vast majority (imo) will laugh their bollocks off at some of the crap that Noshing whippersnapper came out with above .
So I’ll begin with 3 ….
Winning is what I do .
Red Bull model .
Throwing a league cup quarter final at Arsenal in his first tenure which told everybody which way this was going to go and nobody believed me .

Anybody wish to add any other classics ? :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:26 pm
palerider wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:42 am I'm sad to say the reaction of that young tit doesn't surprise me. He's one of the new generation who's seen us win Jack shit so lifting the 3rd best cup in Europe will be a thing to savour. Old cunts like me who've been there and worn the t-shirt before, while loving the Prague moment, maybe not so much, or at least loving it more if Moyes had left then on a high.

But we've had to trade that moment for 6 months of dross, with the good start to the season inevitably halted in it's tracks by his obsession with a small squad and only really trusting his ageing favourites. And happily sitting back with 20% possession so that any team worth it's salt could use us as a shooting gallery. I maintain my often aired view. How we managed 52 points and 9th place is a mystery up there with whatever happened to Shergar.

A wasted year. Two very fortunate wins in North London to gloat about I suppose but not much else. And very possibly making several of our talented youth team think hard about any future in East London.

So each to their own. I didn't stay to clap him after the last home game, it would have been the height of hypocrisy.

When Shrek arrived after the golem disaster, while not looking forward to the manner of it, I knew it was necessary. And he did what it said on the tin. He stayed too long, as has Moyes, yet despite cupping his ear to the booing that time and derogatory comments about the 'academy of football', I'll look back and think I liked him much more.
Anybody that has participated in the fun on here pre-🦕 2 return of the Dinosaurs) will know the contempt in which I held Allardyce .

But he’s not even in the same league as Moyes . I detest him and everything he stands for .
He has been a little bit cleverer than Allardyce though . Sam just didn’t give a fuck and I therefore respect him a tad .

Moyes is a narcissist.
A lying Cunt that managed to get most of the fanbase on board early doors with some of the absolute shite he spouted .
And it’s these things which stand out for me during his tenure . Things and actions (or lack of them in some cases) which will ensure that I detest him forever more .

So , as a farewell to Mr 🦕 I suggest a list . A list of some of the reasons why the vast majority (imo) will laugh their bollocks off at some of the crap that Noshing whippersnapper came out with above .
So I’ll begin with 3 ….
Winning is what I do .
Red Bull model .
Throwing a league cup quarter final at Arsenal in his first tenure which told everybody which way this was going to go and nobody believed me .

I had totally forgot about him spouting about the Red Bull model , that was his mantra when he was appointed , what a sad joke that was .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:20 pm

Moyes is a narcissist.

So I’ll begin with 3 ….
Winning is what I do .
Red Bull model .

I had totally forgot about him spouting about the Red Bull model , that was his mantra when he was appointed , what a sad joke that was .
What about the not needing the ball so often? Guess he spent his time here trying, and succeeding in disprooving that.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Moyes is a narcissist.

So I’ll begin with 3 ….
Winning is what I do .
Red Bull model .

Fair comment, but I also have a chuckle when people talk abvout "throwing" cup ties. Most PL clubs treat the domestic cups as second or third rate competitions in which to give squadf players a chance to do their stuff. A chance which they don't get all that often. Granted Allardyce went OTT with his selection against Forest a few years back but imo it's good to see the yongsters get a first team outing and the cups give clubs a chance to give them a run out. In any case all the others do it, including it has to be said, the lower league outfits.

Personally I don't think anyone deliberately "throws" a match with team selection but sometimes our reserves and kids just aren 't as good on the day as the other lot's young 'uns. Tbh when we play a domestic cup game I get the hump if there aren't any kids in the starting line up. If we don't try them out in those games when are we going to ?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:19 pm
Bondsobob wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:01 pm

Imo deZerbi would be a disaster. Bielsa Mark 2. Great to watch his teams as a neutral, but as a fan of any club he manages it must be an absolute nightmare just waiting for them to concede. Tuchel going back would be a popular move as well if the reaction of Chelsea fans in the media is anything to go by.. Although apparently there's a petition by Bayern fans for the club to keep him. Maybe too late for that though.
At least we never had to wait long under Moyes......normally guaranteed the first would enter within the first 10 mins ......or five if we were lucky... :D

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

He can crow all he likes when he rocks up at his next gig.
I wonder where that will be?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:07 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:19 pm

At least we never had to wait long under Moyes......normally guaranteed the first would enter within the first 10 mins ......or five if we were lucky... :D
Be careful what you wish for Andy-Son ...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

normannomates wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:59 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:07 pm

Be careful what you wish for Andy-Son ...
Bekieve it or not I've just heard that very phrase used by some MP who was being interviewed about the forthcoming election. :lol: :lol: :lol: