Wenger anyone?

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Wenger anyone?

Post by Brookbonds73 »

A mate of mine who is a big gooners fan suggested we should take Wenger as he doesn't like to spend money. A couple of weeks ago I'd have said no, but Slavs increasing weird team selections have me wondering if he's worth another contract, because let's face it, we are absolute shite.
It does seem as though it would be a match made in heaven for him to pair up with the tight shysters we have running our club.
What say you?
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

belfasthammer

Re: Wenger anyone?

Post by belfasthammer »

Interesting idea but he is pushing on a bit lol

palerider

Post by palerider »

In a heartbeat.

tokyojoe

Post by tokyojoe »

We can't defend - it's hard to imagine many worse options than Wenger to sort that out.

Taranis

Post by Taranis »

I'd take Wenger tomorrow!
Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so...

palerider

Post by palerider »

He'd change the ethos and mentality of the club overnight. Change losers into winners. Have a plan and stick to it. Can't defend ? We can't anyway. But we'd score a shitload more by not having square pegs in round holes.

He created a dynasty. Probably coming to it's natural end but the man doesn't last that long by luck.

Too old ? Bollocks.

Experience is pure gold. At the moment we need say 4 points to avoid the cold sweats. I'd even take 'Arry.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Come along girls. Does anybody seriously think that Arsene Wenger, a manager with league titles on his c v ,would entertain the idea of managing West Ham?

Think about it FFS. He is in his late sixties. How long would it take any manager to transform the team we currently have into a side capable of playing at the level he's been accustomed to for the last 20 odd years. Not to mention, of course, the readies he, or anyone else would need to rebuild what is basically an extremely avarage squad.

We have to be realistic and accept that, with Pinky & Perky at the helm, the best that any of us can aspire to is PL survival. The likes of Wenger, and Mancini who's been mentioned, are never going to happen. What we can expect, if Bilic goes is, according to Sullivan's British is best mantra, someone like Steve Bruce or Tony Pulis.

And more signings of the calibre of the excellent Robert Snodgrass (ahem) for whom we paid Hull City £9 million. Yes, that's right, £9 million. I doubt if anyone saw much of him when he was fighting unsuccesfully against relegation with Norwich and Hull, but those who claim to know such things said he was an excellent dead ball specualist, and would give us a bit of flair down the wings.

They obviously lied. He makes fucking Zaza look like Lionel Messi FFS. Although he might come in handy if we end up facing a relegation battle if teams below us pick up enough points. Problem is his previous battles against the drop haven't ended well.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

For fucks sake. Wenger coming to West Ham :lol:

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

As it stands,Never,ever, gonna happen

I love our club but managers of his record and standing will not come here unless changes, big changes, happen. They want control, they want budget, they want well run youth academies playing a system they want, they want facilities, they want stability or what passes for it these days and they want trust in an idea and the time to see it through. In a nutshell, they want.

West Ham has history, it's an average sized club in the city of London with working class roots. We have a shiny new stadium with good attendance, with many season ticket holders, who want to see good football. Some would say we have become a sleeping giant. What we struggle with is the financial clout that is required to draw top managers in. The Moaninios,Klopps,Peps,Wengers, and such like don't want to be looking in the bargain bins and loan markets at Primark, they want Tailored suits from Saville Row, made to measure.

Our current owners cannot offer that. They are doing their best and there are far worse owners out there, but they cannot offer the package that the big hitters demand. Until that changes mid table stability is the best I can hope for. That's not a bad thing, of course I and all of us have bigger aspirations at our club, it's just being realistic in today's world.
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

JayK

Post by JayK »

We couldn't even get Eddie Howe, let alone Wenger
COYI!!!