Lopegetui agreed to become our next manager.

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: Lopegetui agreed to become our next manager.

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:49 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:43 pm What I heard that Loppy uses the 3 midfielder tactics so likely 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3 formation or 4-3-2-1 so in current squad we have is Alvarez, Paqueta and Soucek or JWP with front of it in Kudus, new striker, Bowen.
No way is Soucek a Loppy type player , he likes his midfielders to have ability on the ball , and a passing game .
Soucek is likely to leave if Loppy don't want him or Soucek will be as a back-up if no bids come in.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Underwhelming is an understatement.
More fool me for believing that A. Steidten would be recruiting the new manager/head coach and B. that it would be a young progressive exciting up and coming appointment .
I wanted an appointment that would actually progress us as a club , improve our standing in the general scheme of things and make us more attractive to top class players .

Loppy has never over achieved anywhere he has been , he’s only ever achieved what would have been expected of any competent manager or coach at his previous gigs .

In fact , and this fucking hurts to say , but David Moyes has achieved more in his tenure at West Ham than Loppy has at ANY of his previous clubs put together .
Bring back Jonathon !

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:00 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:41 pm My first choice was still Colin Wanker. kickimmuts
He aint coming so i have heard
Was that deliberate Joe? ;)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:43 pm What I heard that Loppy uses the 3 midfielder tactics so likely 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3 formation or 4-3-2-1 so in current squad we have is Alvarez, Paqueta and Soucek or JWP with front of it in Kudus, new striker, Bowen.
I reckon only 1 left out of that 4 next season ibbs. If the club was serious that is.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:50 pm Underwhelming is an understatement.
More fool me for believing that A. Steidten would be recruiting the new manager/head coach and B. that it would be a young progressive exciting up and coming appointment .
I wanted an appointment that would actually progress us as a club , improve our standing in the general scheme of things and make us more attractive to top class players .

Loppy has never over achieved anywhere he has been , he’s only ever achieved what would have been expected of any competent manager or coach at his previous gigs .

In fact , and this fucking hurts to say , but David Moyes has achieved more in his tenure at West Ham than Loppy has at ANY of his previous clubs put together .
Underwelming is not an understatement , I wanted Gallardo :lol: :lol: :lol: .Thing is Moyes had never achieved anything either ( for all the years he was at Everton he may aswell of not been there for all the good he did ) until he fell into the West Ham job , so hopefully Loppy can do the same .
At least we should see the back of Soucek and just maybe we will see the likes of Teun Koopmeiners in claret and blue ;) .

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

He has had some clubs hasn't he. Wonder why. I suppose we'll find out one way or another.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

I'm keeping an open mind on this at the moment.

I admire his work within the Spanish youth system and the job he did with the senior side.
Sevilla too .

He's far far superior to Moyes as a coach...so that's a start
I like his attitude and passion...

He'll be far more engaged than Pellegrini .

As long as Steidten is fully behind this appointment ..they get along and between them get the recruitment right.
I'm cautiously excited about it

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:55 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:00 pm

He aint coming so i have heard
Was that deliberate Joe? ;)
Indeed it was sir
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Towie

Post by Towie »

Underwhelming? Yes I agree.
Moyes achieved more? Can’t agree, Loppy doesn’t lose as many games as the ‘winning is what I do Moyes’.

He won the Europa league with Sevilla which is a higher achievement than conf league, his record at Sevilla is actually impressive.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:59 pm
I reckon only 1 left out of that 4 next season ibbs. If the club was serious that is.
Need a lots of back-ups and strength in depths but it will takes about 3 transfer windows to do that.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.