Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Re: Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by IronsForever »

rottiel wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:50 pm They will take the 3points for granted, we will win whufc_crest
Bookies make them Fav,s. Teams like these seem to out muscle and bully us. Won,t be the end of the world if Anderson misses this one. Wont be suited by the physical side as noted last year against these and Cardiff.
Not sure what to expect to be honest. They are going to play 3 at the back with one up front. That Jolly green giant Murray loves to score against us.
Too early in season to predict a game.The way the bookies are laying the spread i would go for a 1-1 draw.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Can see us lining up like this

Fabianski

Fredericks Diop Balbuena Masuaku

Antonio Rice Wilshire Snodders

Yarmalenko Lanzini

Possibly Antonio through he middle with Yarmalenko dropping back a bit.

Early goal wins the game, either way.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

IronsForever wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:48 pm
rottiel wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:50 pm They will take the 3points for granted, we will win whufc_crest
Bookies make them Fav,s. Teams like these seem to out muscle and bully us. Won,t be the end of the world if Anderson misses this one. Wont be suited by the physical side as noted last year against these and Cardiff.
Not sure what to expect to be honest. They are going to play 3 at the back with one up front. That Jolly green giant Murray loves to score against us.
Too early in season to predict a game.The way the bookies are laying the spread i would go for a 1-1 draw.
You are right.

A few Teams last season bullied us including Wimbledon and Burnley.That worries me a bit.We could either get beat 3-1 or win 3-1.We will have to wait and see.There are quite a few that rate Potter,their manager.He could very well become the new Poch.

Let`s just hope we can get 3 points,but I won't hold my breath.

Towie

Post by Towie »

A Watford mate of mine said they destroyed them last week playing on the break.

Could be a tough game.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

Brighton by two goals, Maupay to score as Izquedeiro or whatever his name is, is out

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Can't get past a 3-0 drubbing if I'm honest. If they're going 3 at the back as has been suggested, we'll get dominated in midfield. It's all well and good having tippy-tappy technical players but without ball winners we're in trouble - Rice can't be everywhere. I'd be sorely tempted to go 4-2-3-1 with Zabs as the other DM alongside Rice.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

If Haller is fit I feel we need Snodgrass just for the set pieces into him.

I'm going for a 2-2 draw because I think it will be the same line up as City less whatever injuries. I think it will be Chicharito if Haller is injured.

I would like to see how Fornals does instead of Wilshere and if he covers with Declan better, big ask for a young guy I know, but I wonder if he has a better engine and stamina if nothing else.

I would like:

Fab
Fredericks Diop Balbuena Cress
RIce
Antonio Lanzini Fornals Snodgrass
Haller

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh »

Brighton are a side playing in the mid table zone with us but are better equipped to get the results. I just hope it's not another whalloping today. However think the lads will show some steel and lose 2-1

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Haller passes late fitness test. Fornals to start in place of Anderson.

.........................................................Flappy...........................
Fredericks........................Balbuena.............................Diop......................Masuaku.
...........................................Rice.........Lanzini........Whilshire...
....................................Fornals.............Haller....................Antonio..

Not a bad looking team that. Although i would much rather scrap the high press and sit a little deeper and let them come on to us more. We have players like Lanzini and Antonio who love to regain possession and exploit space.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

IronsForever wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:03 pm Haller passes late fitness test. Fornals to start in place of Anderson.

.........................................................Flappy...........................
Fredericks........................Balbuena.............................Diop......................Masuaku.
...........................................Rice.........Lanzini........Whilshire...
....................................Fornals.............Haller....................Antonio..

Not a bad looking team that. Although i would much rather scrap the high press and sit a little deeper and let them come on to us more. We have players like Lanzini and Antonio who love to regain possession and exploit space.
Do you know Haller playing mate?

I’m off to Luton v WBA today, I’ll see how Diangana plays. I’ll say hello to Super Slav from everyone too!😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.