bojo

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Re: bojo

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:57 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:27 pm Well it's not cut and dried that there'll be an election now.

The rebels will almost certainly win the vote tonight which would pave the way for one but Corbyn has hinted he may not support it, and it needs a two thirds majority, unless it's guaranteed to be before Oct 31st.

What a fucking mess.
In which case we hope that Boris finds enough in the Lords to `Filibuster' any bill that the commons ratifies to force a stop to Brexit.
The so called rebels do not want to stop Brexit. They want to stop, as anyone with an ounce of economic nous would want to, the stupidity of a no deal Brexit. Big difference.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:50 pm

In which case we hope that Boris finds enough in the Lords to `Filibuster' any bill that the commons ratifies to force a stop to Brexit.
The so called rebels do not want to stop Brexit. They want to stop, as anyone with an ounce of economic nous would want to, the stupidity of a no deal Brexit. Big difference.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hI4zfKPZ34

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

The strongest bargaining action you have in any negotiation is..........No deal mate....
You go into making a trade with someone,and that party knows,you have to take more or
less what THEY'RE offering,because they know you can't walk away from it...thats crazy.

It's like going into a garage to buy a motor and the sales guy knows you have to buy it..
you aint getting a good deal...it just doesn't happen...you must always be able to say no,
the other party must always be concerned that you'll just walk away..that's the ONLY way
you compromise...your desperately in love with the car you really want it,but the price
could still be to high...commonsense tells you no..

So Philip Lee was Voted in to Parliament to represent the Conservative Party,with 60% of the
vote in Bracknell...a constituency that also voted 60% leave...and goes of to join the
Liberals sitting in Parliament still....Yeah that's a good one...I do what I want not what my
constituents want...needs to look up the word democracy,and how parliament was designed to
operate.

Getting pissed off with remainers...jumping on anything to stop us reaching a Deal with the EU
bods...from refusing to accept,and at times stating they would vote against any deal..good or bad,
as indeed they did..to now going down the we're against a No Deal Scenario road..
They just want to scupper it...and revoke article 50...I wish one of them would just come out
and say it,instead of all this underhanded crap.....would at least have some respect for him/her
even if I would drag them off to the Tower.... :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:46 pm The strongest bargaining action you have in any negotiation is..........No deal mate....
You go into making a trade with someone,and that party knows,you have to take more or
less what THEY'RE offering,because they know you can't walk away from it...thats crazy.

It's like going into a garage to buy a motor and the sales guy knows you have to buy it..
you aint getting a good deal...it just doesn't happen...you must always be able to say no,
the other party must always be concerned that you'll just walk away..that's the ONLY way
you compromise...your desperately in love with the car you really want it,but the price

So Philip Lee was Voted in to Parliament to represent the Conservative Party,with 60% of the
vote in Bracknell...a constituency that also voted 60% leave...and goes of to join the
Liberals sitting in Parliament still....Yeah that's a good one...I do what I want not what my
constituents want...needs to look up the word democracy,and how parliament was designed to
operate.

Getting pissed off with remainers...jumping on anything to stop us reaching a Deal with the EU
bods...from refusing to accept,and at times stating they would vote against any deal..good or bad,
as indeed they did..to now going down the we're against a No Deal Scenario road..
They just want to scupper it...and revoke article 50...I wish one of them would just come out
and say it,instead of all this underhanded crap.....would at least have some respect for him/her
And chose the very moment Johnson was about to speak to do it. A petulant act of rudeness if ever there was one.

When there is a GE then there'll be a Tory MP opposing him. One presumably hand-picked to vote with the government.

I keep on about this but whether or not you voted leave or remain, the democratic vote was held and leave won. Whatever his or her personal views, and my MP was a remainer, you must do what your constituents voted for. Although Hammond is a wet bore with the personality of a cardboard box, at least he has the excuse that his constituents voted to remain.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Well, true to form the government loses another vote in the commons.
Johnson, entirely disingenuously, suggesting this will wreck negotiations with the EU, negotiations that the EU have confirmed aren't actually happening.
It's also been shown today that government plans to suspend parliament were drawn up before Johnson claimed he had no plans to suspend parliament.
This is the man who said he planned to restore public faith in politics.

Just watching them all shout and cavort like primary school children at a pantomime fills me with disgust. It really is just a big amusing game to most of them.
I think Brexit has shown just how utterly incompetent and unfit for purpose our politicians have become. Shame on the lot of them.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:31 pm Well, true to form the government loses another vote in the commons.
Johnson, entirely disingenuously, suggesting this will wreck negotiations with the EU, negotiations that the EU have confirmed aren't actually happening.
It's also been shown today that government plans to suspend parliament were drawn up before Johnson claimed he had no plans to suspend parliament.

Just watching them all shout and cavort like primary school children at a pantomime fills me with disgust. It really is just a big amusing game to most of them.
I think Brexit has shown just how utterly incompetent and unfit for purpose our politicians have become. Shame on the lot of them.
I suspect you might be referring to Johnson's performance at the dispatch box. That was embarrassing and I can't believe he is inferior to Mrs May. That is just bizarre,the bloke has waited years to get this chance and shows everybody he has no aptitude for it.

The look on the Chancellor's face was quite readable. He was thinking...you absolute pathetic wanker

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:50 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:31 pm Well, true to form the government loses another vote in the commons.

I suspect you might be referring to Johnson's performance at the dispatch box. That was embarrassing and I can't believe he is inferior to Mrs May. That is just bizarre,the bloke has waited years to get this chance and shows everybody he has no aptitude for it.

The look on the Chancellor's face was quite readable. He was thinking...you absolute pathetic wanker
Johnson is a clueless, bombastic cretin who seems hell bent on destroying the Conservative Party. And that should be a real worry to the party hierarchy. As well as 6he fucking country of course, given the alternative.

And to be perfectly frank the childish antics of all sides of the house, Government and Opposition, Leavers and Remainers should make any sensible individual question whether there are any of our so called political leaders fit to lead the country.

Irrespective of whether we remain in the EU or form some sort of 51st State alliance with the United States. Because as sure as eggs are eggs this country is well and truly fucked up otherwise.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Folks down here ask me what brexits all about.
I tell them that I 'm in the same boat as the UK government. We both haven't got a fucking clue.

You blokes sure have a mess going on back there.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

palerider wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:05 pm
mkhammer wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:46 pm The strongest bargaining action you have in any negotiation is..........No deal mate....

operate.

And chose the very moment Johnson was about to speak to do it. A petulant act of rudeness if ever there was one.

When there is a GE then there'll be a Tory MP opposing him. One presumably hand-picked to vote with the government.

I keep on about this but whether or not you voted leave or remain, the democratic vote was held and leave won. Whatever his or her personal views, and my MP was a remainer, you must do what your constituents voted for. Although Hammond is a wet bore with the personality of a cardboard box, at least he has the excuse that his constituents voted to remain.
I enjoy politics and follow it as close as I can,gets complicated but I try... :lol:
And seeing stuff now that beggars belief...I hope other people are seeing the same..

i.e...just listened to Jo Swinson...new Lib Leader..
Saying quite Clearly and Categorically her aim is to STOP Brexit...not get a good deal..STOP IT...
and Remain as we were.A second referendum seems secondary...main aim is to prevent
us leaving.
Completely ignoring a public referendum...does she get pulled up on it by the media..I've not
seen it,and like I say I follow closely.

I can't possibly see it...there must been some brains left in parliament somewhere,think even
Corbyn gets it...if article 50 gets revoked/overturned....you'll see riots like this country has never
ever seen before...don't these fuckin liberal do gooders get it...17.5 million people are going to
be SERIOUSLY fucked off.
How anyone can call themselves a democrat and vote for that party,I find Unbelievable TBH,
like I've said before...look the fuckin word up,does piss me off.
Be Against something..stand up and fight for your argument... I love it,I get it,which ever side
politically your on,but when the votes or whatever come in,you acknowledge and accept them,
that's whats made this country the power it is,and needs to continue.

I'm a very Strong Capitalist.....but loved listening to the likes of Wedgewood Benn,cos it
came from honesty,from the heart,who indeed while being totally the polar opposite politically
to Thatcher had respect for her....that's how it should be.
But some of Our present MPs...I'm gonna say it.. it especially on the left of things...do not get
what a democracy means,and its vital that you do,they seem to want to just go forward with
they own purposes at the exclusion of everyone else,including the public..

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:50 pm

I dont believe that for one second and its not just the rebels it is the house in general. If they wanted a deal they might have voted for one of the twelve options put in front of them so far but so far nada.